THE PAUANUI SPORTS & RECREATION CLUB
With the announcement on Monday there are only a few changes to our current operations that will be put in place, along with the obvious mandatory requirements that we are all becoming accustomed to. The changes and some of the more substantial restrictions that require attention as follows:
- We are now able to have 100 patrons seated inside the Club at a given time – table service from the bar remains the same.
- MASKS remain MANDATORY – this means they must be worn when entering the Club and when ordering at the bar. They can be removed once patrons are seated with a meal or drink. The must also be worn on entrance to the Golf Shop/Café but can be removed once you are seated outside.
- QR Scanning remains MANDATORY. Please do not be offended if you are asked if you have scanned. This applies to entrance of the Main Club (entry remains front door only) and entrance to either of the Pines or Lakes Golf Courses. It is YOUR or your Club Captains responsibility to ensure you scan at the Lakes Course.
- Gaming Room:
The Gaming area is now less restricted – we will now have 7 machines running per day, alternated daily.
However, the following must be observed:
– Social distancing within the gaming room of 1 metre apart.
– Face masks MUST be worn at all times within the gaming room.
– There is no food or drink permitted within the room.
- Members are now able to sign their guests in.
- Members draw will commence on Friday 24th September – currently at $200.
- Under current regulations we are able to offer the following events:
– Rugby this Saturday 25th All Blacks vs South Africa – 7pm kick off.
– Market Day will resume on Sunday 10th of October 9am-1pm – Don’t forget your
MASK, the door will be monitored to ensure Covid registration and that numbers
remain at 100.
– Wine Club – Mahi Estate will be held on Sunday 10th of October from 4.30pm.
– School Holiday programme from Friday 1st October to include 2x Family Bingos
and 2x Colouring competitions.
– New World Whangamata sponsored – “Rob Young Comedy/Hypnotist night”
Saturday 23rd October – the hilarity begins at 7.30pm. Tickets $35 per person
(includes your meal and a glass of bubbles or beer on arrival). Tickets on sale from 1st October.
Please remember that the rules and regulations are set by Government and MOH for your personal care and safety. We are endeavouring to make it as easy as possible, within these regulations, to continue to enjoy coming to the Club, getting out and about again and relaxing in the best possible environment we can create within the rules.
We are happy to announce that the Pauanui Club will be open from 2pm, Wednesday 8th September. However, there are some amendments to our earlier email on how the Club will need to operate:
- The Club can only have 50 patrons inside at one time (excluding staff), please do not be offended if there is a wait time due to us being at full capacity.
- Entry and Exit to the Club will be by way of the front entrance doors ONLY! This is to help us monitor the number of patrons inside the Club at all times.
- There will be someone on the door to ensure we do not exceed the restricted numbers.
- IT IS MANDATORY to scan the QR CODE at entry! If you do not have the QR app it is MANDATORY to sign-in on the manual Covid 19 register.
- All members MUST have their membership card with them. Members must swipe their Club card on entry – your Club card swipe does not count as your QR scan.
- MASKS ARE MANDATORY – they can however be removed whilst eating and drinking.
- We are permitted to have up to 100 patrons outside, over and above the 50 patrons who are inside the facilities. However, we will not implement this until we have worked through how to administer it effectively.
- The Club will be open to MEMBERS only on Thursday and Friday nights. On all other nights, members will be able to sign in their guests.
- Patrons will order at the Bar and then return to their tables. Staff with then deliver their order to the table.
- Thursday Nights: We will postpone the Cash Pot draw while in Delta level 2, however we will be selling meat pack raffles.
- Friday Night: Members Draw will be postponed while in Delta level 2, however, members door draw and raffles will continue.
- Tables have been set up to adhere to social distancing requirements – please DO NOT MOVE TABLES OR ADD CHAIRS. Tables are set up in groups of 4. This also includes 4 people only at each bar leaner at this time.
- Wherever possible, throughout the Club, please practice the 2m social distancing rule.
- From the Restaurant: Order and pay at the restaurant counter – your order will then be plated and delivered to your table.
- The Restaurant will have takeaways available (Thursdays and Fridays ONLY). Please phone the Restaurant (864 8695 ext 2) to place your order. Please collect your take away order from the Alfresco area at the Northern End of the Club (entry is through the Bowling Green gate). This entry will have sufficient lighting available for your safety.
- There are ample sanitising stations around the Club for your convenience. Please use them.
- If you are unwell, please stay at home.
The staff will do their best to ensure minimal disruption during your time at the club throughout these trying times. Please remember these rules have been put into place for everyone’s safety by the Government and we would be negligent in our management if we did not do our very best to adhere to them.
We appreciate your patience, kindness and on-going support.
With the move to Covid-19 Level 3 on Wednesday, 1st September the Pauanui Club can open the Pines Golf Course, however the Main Club will remain closed until we drop to level 2. The Lakes Golf Course will also remain closed due to Covid-19 monitoring.
- The Golf shop / Cafe will be open from 9am-10am daily
- Tea / Coffee and snacks will be available to go
- The following rules will apply:
- you can only play within your bubble, please do not create an extended bubble. No bubbles larger than 4 can play in a group (bubbles of 4 can include non-golfers)
- You must pre-book a tee time, if a tee time has not been booked, please stay within your vehicle and phone the golf shop on 07-864 8695 EXT 3 to book a tee time
- Do not enter the course without a tee time unless you are purchasing coffee etc.
- One in one out rule applies for patrons in the Golf Shop/Cafe.
- It is MANDATORY to wear a mask inside the Golf Shop and record your visit with the QR code displayed.
- Flags remain in the holes and must not be handled or removed. Foam spacers will be in the holes to limit handling and there will be no rakes in the bunkers.
- Water fountain and ball cleaners must not be used.
Please always respect social distancing and hand sanitising to help keep us all safe.
As a result of the announcement from the Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern on Tuesday, 17th August 2021, and the move to alert level 4, the Pauanui Club, Restaurant and both Golf Courses are closed until further notice.
We will get through this again and we look forward to seeing you all when we get back to level 2. In the meantime, stay safe and enjoy your time at home.
Since 1972, the Pauanui Sports & Recreation Club has served as the central hub of activity in Pauanui Beach, a playground for both the young and the young at heart.
The Pauanui Club offers indoor and outdoor sports facilities complemented by a bar and restaurant, to three separate function rooms that can be hired out.
The Club also hosts the very popular annual Pauanui Summer Series, which is a great way to keep the kids occupied over the summer holidays and includes the all popular Miss Pauanui contest.
The Pauanui Sports and Recreation Club has facilities and activities for all to enjoy! If you want to know more about what is happening at the Club please click on our noticeboard, events or calendar pages. Don’t forget our Members Draw every Friday night between 6.30 and 7.30pm.
Club facilities include:
- Two 9 hole Golf Courses
- 2 large bowling greens
- Recreation centre
- Mini Golf
- Fully Licensed Bar
- Licensed Restaurant
- Children’s outdoor play area
- Gaming Machines
- Pool Table
- Big Screen for live entertainment
For more information on the Pauanui Clubs facilities please click here.